Incorporating Up-Flo® Filter
Capture sediment, heavy metals, oil and nutrients from stormwater while reducing your site footprint and cutting maintenance costs.
The Up-Flo® Filter is an advanced stormwater treatment system that combines sedimentation and screening with filtration to deliver exceptional surface water pollution removal.
Verified to remove 80% TSS but with demonstrated removal rates up to 98%, only the Up-Flo® Filter was developed in collaboration with the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Up-Flo® Filter is an advanced stormwater best management practice (BMP) that combines sedimentation and screening with filtration to capture gross pollutants (GP), total suspended solids (TSS) sediment, oils, heavy metals and nutrients from stormwater runoff, achieving total suspended solids (TSS) removal rates of up to 98%.
Up-Flo® Filter is a flexible, high-performance treatment solution that can be customized to meet US National Permit Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) requirements specific to a municipality or state. Designed with efficiency, longevity and upkeep in mind, the Up-Flo® Filter has high loading rates and long media life, which means you’ll get high-quality water treatment for longer periods between servicing.
- Very fine particles
- Trash and floatables
- Liquid and sediment bound hydrocarbons
- Sediment bound heavy metals
- Sediment bound nutrients
The Up-Flo® Filter is perfectly suited to industrial sites, locations contributing runoff to wetlands/protected regions, or any area requiring a high level of treatment.
- Remove fine solids and sediment, nutrients and metals from runoff
- Source control for redevelopment or new construction
- Treatment downstream of Water Quality Volume detention systems
- Sites operating under an industrial or multi-sector general permits
- Protection for groundwater recharge systems
- Low-impact development (LID), sustainable drainage (SuDS), LEED® and water-sensitive urban design (WSUD) projects
Up-Flo® is a registered trademark of Hydro International.
Deliver exceptional treatment on any catchment
The Up-Flo® Filter’s modular filtration components allow you to adapt your design to meet the needs of any catchment area, capturing the specific levels of trash, silt and sediment, oils, metals and nutrients required.
Get two-stage treatment in a single unit
The Up-Flo® Filter combines pretreatment, screening and filtration, delivering highly efficient multi-stage treatment in one device.
Save site space
The Up-Flo® Filter’s higher loading rates result in a smaller treatment footprint, which saves construction time and money, and makes for an easier installation.
No moving parts mean that there’s less opportunity for treatment disruption or breakage, while the system design is suited to long-term maintenance. Longer media life means you can go longer between servicings, and media bags are easily removed and replaced while media cartridge modules stay put during maintenance.
- Stormwater enters the chamber via an inlet pipe or inlet grate and ﬁlls the chamber, as ﬂow is directed up through the angled screen and Filter Modules.
- Trash, gross debris and sediment settle out in the sump. Oil and ﬂoatables rise to the surface of the water.
- Treated water ﬂows out of the Filter Module to the Outlet Module and into the outlet pipe.
- Excess ﬂows are discharged to the outlet using a Siphonic Bypass, which also acts as a ﬂoatables bafﬂe preventing the escape of oil and ﬂoatable trash.
- To guard against pollutant leaching and filter media degradation between storm events, water drains out of the chamber through the ﬁltered Drain Down Port as the storm subsides.
Oil Water Separator